[Marxism] Re: Lincoln as industrial capitalist

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Sat May 28 17:25:08 MDT 2005

Quite frankly, I didn't understand part of this posts. In particular the
"solid" thing, to what do you refer? Solid? WTF?

Care to go carthographic on me?

As to LBJ etc etc etc. Well, all you say is true, yet I see no diference
between the Marshals and the Union Army, besides the scale of the fight. The
both accomplished feats of human liberation that were necessary and which
stand in history as part in the long march to emancipation of
Afro-americans.

Your criticisms are materially irrelevant to today, and stand as ludicrous
excercises in post-facto bickering, not to mention a somewhat priviledge
thing.

After all, I am willing to bet you weren't personally grateful, like many a
black southern schoolchild in the early and mid 60s, to be protected from a
wall of hate by courageous, if personally racist, US Marshals, in your
effort to get something any human being deserves: an education. That you
fail to see a connection between this action and the Emancipation
Proclamation, is incredible.

By your logic, we shouldn't join unions because they are bureaucratic
corporations, and shouldn't have fought Hitler because it was
"inter-imperialist" conflict, fought for the 8 hour workday, go to
abitration in the NLRB or whatever is short of Proletarian Revolution. Your
position of class privilege as a labor aristocrat, and petty supervisor,
shows clearly in this one. Of course, if it happened in the 19th Century,
when Trains ruled all, then it was a "Revolution". Gimme a break.

Now, after all the hot blooded rhetoric I have provided above, I mean to put
into context, and expose, the different views on such historical events
working class people of color in general have that are different form the
rest of the class in the USA. You go into the average black household in the
USA (unless it is some sort of ultra-leftist or cultish tokenizing
"anti-bundist" household) and there are three pictures:

1) Jesus

2) The Reverend Doctor

3) Honest Abe

So me have Malcom X instead of the Rev Dr, and Elijah Mujahamed instead of
Jesus, but the idea more or less holds.

sks