Single Issue (was Re: [Marxism] [Fwd: For United Anti-War Action]]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun May 29 20:18:18 MDT 2005

"Carlos A. Rivera" wrote:

> [...]

I would not disagree with this at all (nor with the rest of your post).
But (especially it seems on this list at present) that myth is extremely
powerful, and in a short post it seemed unnecessary to try to
incorporate a lengthy analysis of the most complex movements of the
'60s.

It was, I think, the general 'uproar' throughout the nation that placed
the most powerful constraints on u.s. warmaking capacity. Without that
'uproar' the demos in D.C. (a) would not have happened and (b) would not
have had a very strong impact in any case. That was the reality which I
tried to gesture towards in my May 9 & 10 posts on "Anti-Imperialism?"

Carrol