[Marxism] Capitalism and the Universities Query

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:20:09 MST 2005

Yes, okay. 'Capitalism' invests in nothing.

I have no illusion that all human energy is expended in 'economic' pursuits.
I wished to ask what the economic imperatives behind the huge invesment in
university humanities departments are.

(Is there capital investment in public parks? If so, how, why and under what
conditions?)

I think you are wrong that there is not enough unrealistic metaphysics in
liberal departments of academic institutions.

Sorry to have gotten you so hot under the collar, Carroll.