[Marxism] Eric Posner and his leftist allies justify kangaroo courts

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Nov 1 12:31:13 MST 2005

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:47:24 -0500 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:
> As comrades know, I try to keep track of what rightwing social
> democrats
> and liberals are saying on the Internet. Sometimes, I feel like I am
>
> trudging through the sewer when I look in on red-baiter Leo Casey's
> mailing
> list, the "decent left" pro-war blogs, etc. Most days I don't have
> anything
> to say about what I find there, because it falls into the category
> of "dog
> bites man".
>
> But today, an item written by U. of Chicago lawyer Eric Posner that
> originated on something called http://www.opendemocracy.net showed
> up on
> Casey's list and Marc Cooper's blog that deserves some commentary.

For those who might be interested, Eric Posner is the
son of the conservative apellate judge, Richard Posner.
Also, BTW, Richard Posner's mother (hence Eric's
grandma) is said to have been a member of the
CPUSA,  (http://www.iconservatives.org.uk/richard_posner.htm)
 which, when one thinks about it, is almost as weird
as the case of Michael Boudin who is a right-wing
Federal judge in Boston and is the son of the
famed leftist attorney, Leonard Bouding, and
the elder brother of the former Weather
Underground leader, Kathy Boudin.