[Marxism] James Wolcott on pajamasmedia.com

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 1 17:04:30 MST 2005

(Wolcott used to write for the Village Voice. He knows Corn and Cooper
well, I would assume.)

http://jameswolcott.com/
Pajama Bottoms
Posted by James Wolcott

I recognize that it is not always easy to be fastidious about the company
one keeps. You can find yourself being introduced to the most awful ogre at
a party, someone who may regard you with equal disdain, forced to shake
hands and grimace a smile because refusing to do so would provoke a "scene"
that could wend its way into Page Six. Or you may find yourself at a dinner
party adjacent to someone you vowed you'd never be trapped indoors with
again, all because the host or hostess conveniently "forgot" to tell you
Satan's playmate had been invited.

Those things happen.

But I don't understand why someone as politically keen as The Nation's
David Corn would lend his name to the editorial board of Pajamas Media, the
greatest assembly of conservative deadbeats since Jonah Goldberg's last
fondue party. What an illustrious roster of ideological utensils make up
Pajamas' masthead: Michael Barone...John Podhoretz...Tim Blair...and this
inveterate stirpot, whose presence all decent men and women should shun
until proper disinfectant can be found. By allowing his name to be slated
on the editorial board, Corn is letting himself be used as a figleaf
enabling Pajamas to pretend that it's a bipartisan effort instead of what
it so flagrantly is, a neocon popstand.

Does Corn really want to be associated with fun blogs like Little Green
Footballs and Gates of Vienna ("At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed
poised to overrun Christian Europe. We are in a new phase of a very old
war")? I guess he does, because he'll be appearing on a panel at Pajamas'
gala conference in November in Manhattan, where Roger L. Simon and company
will break out the ginger ale and announce their new monicker. Then
everybody will adjourn to invade Syria, if they can arrange transportation