[Marxism] Al carajo: a sea change?

Alan Bradley alanb1000 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 05:12:58 MST 2005

From: Joaquín Bustelo
> Except, of course, he knows he's a little too young
> to be out on his own without a parent or responsible
> adult,

Responsible? Snicker. Chortle. :)

> There's a wonderful sci-fi book that I remember
> reading decades ago, just after the Vietnam War
> ended, and thinking that it really captured what
> Vietnam felt like to me. It was called, I think, the
> Forever War.

The Forever War was written by Joe Haldeman, who
fought in Vietnam. Full biography:
http://home.earthlink.net/~haldeman/bio.html

It was essentially a polemic against Robert Heinlein's
"Starship Troopers".

Heinlein was a better writer, despite his hideous
politics. :(