[Marxism] (fwd from Hari Kumar) Spiked online update

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Mon Nov 7 07:54:30 MST 2005

NOTE TO PADDY APLING & LOUIS:

Hi: For what it is worth, I felt Louis' note was very interesting.
I Suggest Paddy you might look at Pieter Sauer's work cited by New Scientist below:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg18725163.100

In brief, Pieter looked at blood samples obtained from the human fetus - finding various chemical pollutants. Pieter is a very careful scientist - quite un-political - just the facts please type of guy.

Where I think Paddy might be taking umbrage slightly, is the imputation in the otherwise excellent article posted by Louis, that oncologists as a whole are venal and implicated in a cover-up.

Life ain't like that. Most oncologists I know are just head down wading thru' daily work folks. The policy bureaucrats at the top - say NIH & FDA - are a different kettle of fish.
Such distinctions are necessary and common-sense.

Anyway - just my tuppence Paddy.

Hari