[Marxism] 2 interesting factoids

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 7 19:10:15 MST 2005

This evening on the Lehrer Snooze Hour on PBS they had a professor from
Florida State University and a former official with the French Ministry of
Defense discussing the revolt. Both insisted on the culpability of French
society, the Florida professor more so. But a couple of things stuck out
for me. I can't remember who made the points, but they said that a lot of
the anger involved the attack on the right to wear hijabs to school. They
also said--despite this--that in the neighborhoods in which Islamic
fundamentalists were hegemonic (my word, not theirs) things were relatively
quiet.

Hmmm.