[Marxism] Chemical weapons use at Fallujah

James Daly james.irldaly at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 8 05:12:06 MST 2005

U.S. Used Chemical Weapons In Iraq

Veteran admits: Bodies melted away before us.

Shocking revelation RAI News 24.

White phosphorous used on the civilian populace: This is how the US
"took" Fallujah. New napalm formula also used.

11/07/05 "La Repubblica" -- -- ROME. In soldier slang they call it
Willy Pete. The technical name is white phosphorus. In theory its
purpose is to illumine enemy positions in the dark. In practice, it
was used as a chemical weapon in the rebel stronghold of Fallujah. And
it was used not only against enemy combatants and guerrillas, but
again innocent civilians. The Americans are responsible for a massacre
using unconventional weapons, the identical charge for which Saddam
Hussein stands accused. An investigation by RAI News 24, the all-news
Italian satellite television channel, has pulled the veil from one of
the most carefully concealed mysteries from the front in the entire US
military campaign in Iraq.

A US veteran of the Iraq war told RAI New correspondent Sigfrido
Ranucci this: I received the order use caution because we had used
white phosphorus on Fallujah. In military slag it is called 'Willy
Pete'. Phosphorus burns the human body on contact--it even melts it
right down to the bone.

RAI News 24's investigative story, Fallujah, The Concealed Massacre,
will be broadcast tomorrow on RAI-3 and will contain not only
eye-witness accounts by US military personnel but those from Fallujah
residents. A rain of fire descended on the city. People who were
exposed to those multicolored substance began to burn. We found people
with bizarre wounds-their bodies burned but their clothes intact,
relates Mohamad Tareq al-Deraji, a biologist and Fallujah resident.

I gathered accounts of the use of phosphorus and napalm from a few
Fallujah refugees whom I met before being kidnapped, says Manifesto
reporter Giuliana Sgrena, who was kidnapped in Fallujah last February,
in a recorded interview. I wanted to get the story out, but my
kidnappers would not permit it.

RAI News 24 will broadcast video and photographs taken in the Iraqi
city during and after the November 2004 bombardment which prove that
the US military, contrary to statements in a December 9 communiqué
from the US Department of State, did not use phosphorus to illuminate
enemy positions (which would have been legitimate) but instend dropped
white phosphorus indiscriminately and in massive quantities on the
city's neighborhoods.

In the investigative story, produced by Maurizio Torrealta, dramatic
footage is shown revealing the effects of the bombardment on
civilians, women and children, some of whom were surprised in their
sleep.

The investigation will also broadcast documentary proof of the use in
Iraq of a new napalm formula called MK77. The use of the incendiary
substance on civilians is forbidden by a 1980 UN treaty. The use of
chemical weapons is forbidden by a treaty which the US signed in 1997

Fallujah. La strage nascosta [Fallujah, The Concealed Massacre] will
be shown on RAI News tomorrow November 8th at 07:35 (via HOT BIRDTM
statellite, Sky Channel 506 and RAI-3), and rebroadcast by HOT BIRDTM
satellite and Sky Channel 506 at 17:00 [5 pm] and over the next two
days.