[Marxism] Tracking the evolution of former ex-leftists: Why???

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Nov 8 18:53:55 MST 2005

Is it my imagination or is it the case that the intellectual
quality of ex-leftists has declined over the past several
decades?  There seems to have been a drop off since
the days of  Sidney Hook, Max Eastman, James
Burnham and Whittaker Chambers.  Looking
at Cooper, Hitchens, and Horowitz, I don't think
that one can be blamed for coming to the conclusion
that they don't make ex-leftists like they used to.