[Marxism] Re: Dover PA: those on god's side win one for the masses

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Thu Nov 10 00:25:09 MST 2005

I don't know if it's 75% of the population that believes in this supertitious
stuff, but I've seen polls that anywhere from 45 to 55% does believe it in
varying forms. Of course teaching evolution in school, then, is hardly
threatening to the Christian conservatives since only about half the population
or less then, believe in evolution despite 70 years of teaching it.

I actually think the number of the population buying into this is a lot smaller
and has to do with the way questions are asked.

I don't think there is a desperation at all on the part of the
Creationists...they still on the offensive. The scientific community has to
come down from it's Ivory Tower and realize that it's not "2005" but it's 1920
all over again and our side has to take these people VERY seriously. They
simply can not be dismissed as nut jobs, but rather as a major force that has
to be smashed, intellectually.

David Walters