[Marxism] Spiked online update

Paddy Apling e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 10 06:56:12 MST 2005

At 15:47 09/11/2005, Lou wrote:

>They cosponsor conferences with spiked-online on a regular basis:
>
>Go to http://www.spiked-online.com/event/2004-01.htm and search for
>Hill and Knowlton.

Well, well, quite a list.  Certainly your info is very enlightening
!!!  Certainly a very suspicious collab....

>>I don't really know much about Furedi - except that he writes,
>>sometimes amusing, articles in the AUT journal.
>>
>>Paddy
>>http://apling.freeservers.com
>
>Most of the attacks on Furedi in the British press have been tainted
>by Guardian-style liberalism, which often represents his past
>opposition to NATO intervention in the Balkans as holocaust denial.
>In fact that is the best thing that LM ever did. Frankly, I think
>that Furedi usually hoists himself on his own petard.

I had read some of them - that's why I was prepared to defend Furedi
- but I'll keep my eyes open on future developments.  (Not sure what
attitude Furedi took on the recent kerfuffle about a proposed boycott
of Israli Universities - I'd be in favour of a general boycott of
Israel cf. apartheid South Africa).

Regards,