[Marxism] LA Weekly warms to nuclear power

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Thu Nov 10 09:27:51 MST 2005

Louis Proyect quoted:

> Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.
> —Marie Curie

if only Curie were around now to straighten these putzes out.

> But it’s the rock, a roughly elliptical piece of solid uranium ore,
> small enough to fit in my hand

uranium ore is only approx 0.05 to 0.20 percent uranium oxide

the article completely skips the real issues of refinement to uranium
oxide and on via enrichment to uranium hexaflouride. it pays lip service
to conditions of uranium miners, and also dealing with more important
issues of reactor failure scenarios.

"small enough to fit in my hand" ... give me a break. i am guessing even
Rod Holt would find this article fluff.

les