[Marxism] Yes, forming a Trotskyist group is sectarian

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 05:49:35 MST 2005

I appreciate the intent of JB's comments, but I ask him-- substitute
Lenin and Leninist for Trotsky and Trotskyist.  Does his argument change
substantially?  No?  Fine.  Substitute Marx and Marxist.  Again, change
anything?  Think we all might hesitate there, because we all, ok maybe
not all, feel that is does make sense to organize a specially Marxist
group in Venezuela, Bolivia, France, Algeria, US, anywhere and
everywhere.

So if some or many find or see a linkage from Marx through Trotsky,
what's the big deal.  The critique, analysis, support, opposition should
hinge on the actual actions, proposals of such a group-- not their
claims of lineage.