[Marxism] Re A sectarian approach

Josh Saxe joshsaxe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:16:47 MST 2005

Here is the report I posted to this list a few months ago:
http://www.lefthook.org/Ground/Saxe082505.html

I went too far in simply saying the workers I met had more left wing
politics than Chavez - sorry, that was trite, I think it's much more
complicated than that and Chavez deserves more credit.  In many ways
Chavez is pushing the movement forward and challenging normative
bourgeois ideology amongst millions of people.  But I also think
activist workers support a set of demands concerning social justice
that Chavez, or any head of a capitalist state, can never realize.
But I hope that others on this list who I know have spent more time in
discussions with activist workers in Venezuela can chime in on this
point..
Josh