[Marxism] Re: Marxism Digest, Vol 25, Issue 31

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Nov 13 08:24:39 MST 2005

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:12 Nov 2005, a las 19:43

> Even given all that, the weakest thing about Marx was his
> organizational grasp and the history of his role in the destruction of
> the IWA reflected that.  I would argue that we are still striving in
> the US to overcome the consequences of his actions here.

Whoever reads Franz Mehring's biography of Karl Marx impartially will
discover that he didn't have things clear in Germany either.  The
story Mehring displays of the relations between the groups of
Lassalle and Marx is quite revealing.  Most probably, the followers
of Marx would have had a better anchor in the German working class if
he hadn't been so harsh with Lassalle  (yes, of course, deservedly
harsh and all that, but we are also talking practical politics,
aren't we), and extracted _organizational_ consequences therefrom
that were not only unnecessary but perhaps negative.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]