[Marxism] Wilentz on John Brown

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sun Nov 13 09:59:08 MST 2005

I don't know that H-CivWar ever posted this, but these were my initial
shoot-from-the-hip comments on the subject.

What John Brown and his comrades accomplished needs little argument for
anyone who was paying attention over the previous 40 years.  The
Southern ruling class that sought to destroy the United States simply
because of Lincoln's election wasn't about to permit the Radical
Abolition interpretation of the U.S. Constitution to prevail.

ML