[Marxism] Getting the masses off their asses: France v. US

Linda Jansen jansen.l12 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:46:56 MST 2005

My father was in the Carpenters union. Although I never saw him on a picket
line, I did see the good health insurance benefits and relatively good wages
he garnered from his union membership. At least I had the inkling that there
was a need for working people banding together to make demands on the boss
was a better idea than going it alone.
How many people in this country have the benefit of this kind of experience
now? Even when labor in Europe has actions, it is hit or miss whether or not
we will see them on our news and guaranteed if we see them, they will be
shown in a negative light (unless it's on independent media).
I'm afraid we're going to have to pretty much hit collective bottom before
we start getting better here in the US.