[Marxism] In defence of Jack Barnes

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 16:45:05 MST 2005

Louis wrote:

"Actually, at this stage of history, I think that an Internet mailing list
is far more important."

Really, Louis? And which demonstrations of 10, 20, 50, 100,000 have been
organized by an "Internet mailing list" (nevertheless Marxmail)?

That's not to say that the Internet, and email, don't play crucial roles for
all groups these days. But the day that Marxmail manages to organize even a
conference in New York City, nevertheless a massive demonstration in
Washington, DC, or anything else that has a significant impact on the
politics of this country, you can color me surprised.

I forget what you're claiming for Marxmail, but my blog has been getting
just under 1000 readers a day (and probably something like 2500/week since
not everyone visits every day) recently. Do I think I have the political
impact of a political party with even 100 members? The answer is no. Not
even close.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com