[Marxism] Logos

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 21 07:47:23 MST 2005

http://www.logosjournal.com/issue_4.4/main.htm

a journal of modern society & culture
fall 2005
volume four - issue four

Contents

Lawrence Davidson 	  	Torture in Our Time
David Schultz 	  	The Rise of the Corporate University
Marshall Berman 	  	Reflections on Isaac Bashevis Singer
John Ehrenberg 	  	Playing the Blame Game with Katrina
Jim Cohn 	  	Meditation on Leaves of Grass

Iran and the West: Showdown or Impasse?
Stephen Eric Bronner 	  	Twilight in Tehran
James Jennings 	  	The Geo-Strategic Position of Iran
Mike Simmons 	  	A Critical Look at Science in Iran

Statement of US Academics for Peace

Dissecting Empire:
A Conversation with Rashid Khalidi

Poetry
Suheir Hammad, "a prayer band"
Thomas Sayers Ellis, "Groovallegiance"
Lorraine Healy, "Where They Were"
Stephen Paul Miller, from "I'm Trying to Get My Phony Baloney Ideas about
Metamodernism into a Poem"

Books and Ideas
Review Essay
Beyond Chutzpah, by Norman Finkelstein
reviewed by Matthew Abraham

Reviews
The Lost One: The Life of Peter Lorre, by Stephen D. Youngkin
reviewed by Warren Leming
The Myths of Zionism, by John Rose
reviewed by Emad El-Din Marei Aysha
A Sharpening of the Knives, by Neil Bolton
reviewed by Desmond MacNamara

--

www.marxmail.org