[Marxism] The "middle class" [was "Question: Joe Hill...]

Horacio Oliveira horaciooliveira at mac.com
Tue Nov 22 13:00:23 MST 2005

I always laugh at this obsession about being middle-class. It is not
just a US phenomenon, but it certainly reaches it's zenith here.

I remember seeing some TV news pop vox in the 90's and they asked
some guy a question,  and in his response he self identified himself
as being  "a middle class person who works for a living", needless to
say it was the funniest thing to hear but sadly insightful at the
same time.

I think the gist of his self-identification was that he trying to say
that he was not a welfare person. Just adding salt to a wound...