[Marxism] Respect conference

Jscotlive at aol.com Jscotlive at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 10:41:08 MST 2005

jack.cade at btinternet.com writes:

> Though why he is wasting so many years in this outfit, if
> he believes what he writes is another question. Respect has not
> achieved anything like what it was apparently established to do
> and is marginalised and scorned by the rest of the left, such as
> it is.

Reply:

This is nonsense. They've only been in existence for six months. In that time
they've managed to get one MP elected, enjoyed a sizable percentage of the
vote elsewhere, and are drawing full houses up and down the country. I'm a
member of the SSP and know for a fact that Respect aren't scorned by most of my
comrades. I suspect the word you're looking for rather than scorn is jealousy.

JD