Agricultural subsidies ( Was: Re: [Marxism] Wild, hysterical WSJ attack on Chavez, Fidel, Kirchner, Evo Morales, etc.)

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 25 07:44:49 MST 2005

James writes, "Does helping third world farmers require devastating
those in the first world, and the communities they are part of?"

Silly me. If the major imperialist powers spend $1 billion a day on
subsidies to farm production, that would not be to re-enforce
imperialist exploitation, but rather to help part of the toiling classes
for whose benefit the imperialist work ceaselessly and at tremendous
personal and collective expense. It is now all clear to me.

Joaquín