[Marxism] Re: Noise and workers' hearts

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Nov 26 10:58:05 MST 2005

Marla Vijaya kumar wrote:

>We only use frame enclosures with padding materials for passive suppression of noise. A noise suppression enclosure to bring down noise from say 105 dBA
>to 90 dBA can cost as little as 0.15 million USD for a
>125 MW turbine generator combination.

whats the extra cost to go down to, say, 70 dBA?

>Another important danger is lurking, that of electromagnetic pollution. [snip] Unless these harmonics are suppressed using active or passive harmonic filters, public and home electric facilities will have to face serious damages.

here in the US we often have stringent requirements on EMI. often for
protection of other (electronic) machinery. depends on which economic
blocs have enough pull over one or another regulatory agency.

it sounds like you are talking about similar machine-machine
interference (rather than machine-human).

>Hence, the noise inside the turbine hall is of the same level for all types of power plants.

thanks. i wasnt sure if power, rpm, and so forth, scaled up in nuclear
plants to make things louder.

les schaffer