[Marxism] Genovese

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 13:15:50 MST 2005

I'm currently crawling my way through the RADICAL ABOLITIONIST and
various of Frederick Douglass' publications, and it is amazing to me the
extent to which, even before the war, the slaves left a record of their
experiences, sometimes striking and eloquent.

In particular, I want to recommend those absolutely wonderful WPA Slave
Narratives to anyone serious about doing work on slavery and slaves.
For all their admitted shortcomings--and they are many--these run for
thousands of typewritten pages, and the entire lot of them can be yours
on CD now for the princely sum of something like $10.

ML