[Marxism] National bourgeoisies in the 3rd world and the bourgeoisie as a global class

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sat Nov 26 14:30:56 MST 2005

They didn't see that Perón and Vargas did that job for them, and
helped oligarchs and imperialists in their task to tear down both
administrations --exactly at the point when both Presidents were
determined to unify Argentina and Brazil, that is when they were
ready to offer to each of their own national bourgeoisies resource
pools and markets immensely larger than they had enjoyed up to then..

The problem, yes, is political.  After clinical death, some parts of
the human body are still alive and grow.  Hairs, nails.  National
bourgeoisies in the Third World are those hairs and nails of a class
that was already in its death throes at the global market level when
they began to come to life.

Maybe they are a little more than that.  But not too much more.

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:26 Nov 2005, a las 8:45

> everything I know about Latin America, a lot less than many
> other comrades, but I do know some, leads me to think you'd be hard
> pressed to find a serious national bourgeois faction anywhere.
> Although I do believe there is such a thing as a "national
> bourgeoisie", i.e., one whose economic interests would be better
> served by achieving liberation or at least a greater degree of
> autonomy from imperialism. The problem in getting from there to a
> serious national bourgeois faction is that the question isn't mostly
> economic, it is  social and political. And limiting as imperialist
> tutelage may be to their economic aspirations, being left alone to
> contend with their own working class, peasantry and popular classes is
> even less attractive.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar