[Marxism] Popular/national fronts, dissappointments,

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Sun Nov 27 20:05:35 MST 2005

rr writes:
"Natural daquiris guaranteed; as is a ride up the Hudson to Poughkeepsie
in the cab of a P32 DM (dual  mode, diesel-electric, and 3rd rail
compatible) AC traction locomotive (maximum authorized speed north of MP
50-- 95 mph).  Sorry, can't let you run the locomotive.  Feds allow
certified, licensed locomotive engineers only."

90 mph? On those old wooden railway ties? I don't think so rr. Everytime I ride
MetroNorth, we'll shuttled OFF the concrete ones, go at 40mph (estimate) and
then back on. With all the work being done at those stations north of Yonkers,
you'll have to wait about a year to get a good run at 90mph. You would of
thought the those pre-stressed congrete ties would of been installed 8 years
ago...but noooooo....

David