[Marxism] New HBO movie on HIV/AIDS in South Africa

steve sharra sharrast at msu.edu
Tue Nov 29 15:07:06 MST 2005

Last night, Tuesday Nov. 28, I stumbled upon the new HBO movie 'Yesterday,'
having forgotten that I had noticed an advert for it in the New Yorker of
last week. I stopped everything I was doing and sat down to watch it. I
came away from the experience deeply moved by the story, but unsurprised by
the discursive entrenching of dominant paradigms and ways of thinking about
global history, politics and contexts behind the HIV/AIDS pandemic.

full:
<http://mlauzi.blogspot.com/2005/11/yesterday-and-global-hivaids-discourse.html>

http://mlauzi.blogspot.com/
Midwiving the Afrikan Rebirth