[Marxism] Washington State Green Party Emphasizes Structural Political Reform

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Wed Nov 30 20:16:26 MST 2005

Washington State Green Party emphasizes structural political reform,
including support to Proportional Representation.

I would love to applaud this were it not for the rest of the stated
program, which is pallid even by moderate Democratic Party standards.

And nothing on the Iraq War, which would be a failure today even in a
campaign for city council.

Brian Shannon
______________

Green Party of Utah
http://www.gput.org

November 14, 2005

For information contact:
Campaign Manager Tom King, 801-502-8556
The Green Party of Utah, 801-631-2998, gpu at gput.org
Website: http://www.hatchforsenate.org/

Hatch vs. Hatch for US Senate: Kick-off, Nov. 19 in Salt Lake City
Green Party's Julian Hatch nominated to Challenge Senator Orrin Hatch

Campaign kick-off and media event: Saturday, November 19, 2005, 6 p.m.
at the Free Speech Zone, 2144 South Highland Drive, Suit 130, Salt Lake
City, Utah.

The Green Party of Utah announces that Julian Hatch, a 51 year-old
disabled military veteran will challenge incumbent Sen. Orrin Hatch,
R-Utah in his bid for an unprecedented sixth term in the November 2006
election. Julian Hatch is a Human Ecologist who serves as the southern
Utah Coordinator for Western Watersheds Project, the environmental
public lands policy organization based in Hailey, Idaho. Julian has
been active in protesting the war prior to the invasion of Iraq and the
continued occupation.

Julian Hatch accepted the nomination at a special convention held
November 5, 2005 in Salt Lake City where the candidate voluntarily
committed himself to a two-term limit. Senator Hatch has held office
for nearly 30 years and considered an undefeatable "Goliath" but many
in Utah believe he has become a "Washington Insider," something Orrin
accused Democrat Frank E. Moss to win his first election in 1976.

"It is time that all Utah citizens, regardless of gender, race, sexual
preference, political or religious persuasion be represented in
Washington D.C. by a common person instead of a millionaire Senator who
is more beholden to corporate interests than average citizens." said
Julian Hatch, a lifelong resident of the state.

The "Grassroots" Green Party of Utah (GPUT) is affiliated with the
Green Party of the United States (GPUS) and provides a platform of
Green Values that include reform of the electoral process, Instant
Run-off Voting, and support for proportional representation to counter
the present winner-take-all elections that have divided the nation into
red and blue states.

"I am determined to help citizens take back control of our government
and restore the constitutional freedoms that so many of us have
sacrificed to gain and keep. Much more damage to our nation has been
accomplished by politicians who have legislated away our freedoms than
what terrorists can do and we are no safer now. I pledge to bring a
basic sense approach to the office and will never lie to my
constituency," said GPUT candidate Hatch.

Orrin Hatch has been a member of the Senate Judiciary committee for
three decades and will be a key Republican player in the upcoming
Supreme Court Hearings. "Both the Republicans and Democrats have turned
our nomination process into a political battleground and our courts
have subsequently become biased and partisan causing citizens to
believe they no longer administer justice," stated Julian Hatch.

A kick-off Campaign event for the media will take place on Saturday,
November 19, 2005 at 6 PM at the Free Speech Zone, 2144 South Highland
Drive, Suit 130, Salt Lake City, Utah.

Additional positions:

*	Affordable Health Care Reform
*	Pro-choice position not allowing our bodies to be controlled by the
government
*	Reform the corporate tax code.
*	Provide a simple and fair tax system for all citizens.
*	Introduce and pass comprehensive Utah BLM and FS Wilderness Bills
within three years.

The Green Party of Utah, 801-631-2998, gpu at gput.org
Website: http://www.hatchforsenate.org/
Email: Hatchforsenate at yahoo.com