[Marxism] Washington (Utah) State Green Party ...

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Wed Nov 30 21:24:25 MST 2005

Sorry about the Utah mistake. I've been downloading a lot of articles
on PR and must have been looking at one thing while processing another.

I didn't mean to imply that the Green Party was not emphasizing the
Iraq War, actually not even in Washington/Utah. Rather it is how
electoralism can creep in. As a pejorative, "electoralism" can mean a
concentration on nuts and bolts and day-to-day needs. It also reflects
the electoral ideology of the dominant culture.

Aside from leaving out Iraq, the demands as raised are pointless. Who
isn't in favor of reducing medical costs? Both republicans and
democrats could urge that. Neither socialized medicine, nor
single-payer programs are mentioned.

I also thought that it pointed out that there should be no illusions
about PR as a panacea. As you know, I want to push structural electoral
reform to the fore for the Left. Here it was done, but with no social
program whatsoever.

Brian Shannon