[Marxism] Bill Bennett racism

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Sat Oct 1 08:48:34 MDT 2005

 > The funniest thing about this--if there's anything funny about having
 > had such a malevolent nitwit as head of Education--is that Bennett
 > clearly doesn't "get" why people are so angry and offended.

   I can't believe that -- IMHO, that's just his spin.  He's upset a bit
because he felt that he had added enough of a "disclaimer -- this is just
theory" type of remarks -- but the guy isn't stupid.

   Bennett knew he was adding racist fuel for his white listeners and in his
mind, he'd rather have his listeners bitching about blacks rather than
bitching about (a) the poor economy, or (b) the disastrous New Orleans
response, or (c) Bush's wars, or (d) any other current event that could be
directly linked to the Bush administration.  I'm sure he's well aware of the
politics of divide and conquer.

   Bennett is just upset that this was picked up on by the media and that his
fig-leaf disclaimer isn't holding up.

--
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein