[Marxism] A trailer: It's not the politics, it's the morals

Paul H. Dillon illonph at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 1 20:08:56 MDT 2005


I didn't google on "Dylan"  I googled on the song title:  "Dear 
Landlord"+chords.

Try that with a Madonna* song title and relate back to me the international 
analyses of either song structure or content, will ya?.  The mere fact that 
similar results for Pound might occur only strengthens the point about 
Dylan's place as an English language poet, which is all I've been talking 
about.  I'd compare Madonna with Sinatra just to keep apples and oranges in 
the same basket.

Paul Dillon

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Louis Kontos" <Louis.Kontos at liu.edu>
To: "Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition" 
<marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Marxism] A trailer: It's not the politics, it's the morals


> Very insightful. Keep up the good work.
>
>
>> What's the point?  Dillon likes Dylan?  OK.  Dillon thinks Dylan is a
>> world-historical figure?  Well, so  then is Madonna.  See what you get
>> on her with Google.
>>
>> So what?  Dylan, Madonna-- commercial reflections of the times.  And
>> that's OK.  Why make more it than that?    Never got the Frankfurt
>> School anywhere, did it?
>>
>> rr
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Paul H. Dillon" <illonph at pacbell.net>
>> To: "Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition"
>> <marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
>> Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:52 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Marxism] A trailer: It's not the politics, it's the morals
>>
>>
>>
>> ________________________________________________
>> YOU MUST clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
>> Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu
>> Set your options at: http://lists.econ.utah.edu/mailman/listinfo/marxism
>
>
> ________________________________________________
> YOU MUST clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
> Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu
> Set your options at: http://lists.econ.utah.edu/mailman/listinfo/marxism 





More information about the Marxism mailing list