[Marxism] Re: Earl Browder

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Oct 2 13:28:00 MDT 2005

.    On  02.10.05
  wrote  L.Willms at JPBERLIN.de (Lueko Willms)
     on  marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu
     in  9f4XFFR9flB at jpberlin-l.willms.jpberlin.de
  about  Re: Earl Browder

LW>    How could a USA pose as a force "for democracy" with that system
LW> of institutionalized racial segragation in their own country?

   Or put the other way 'round, as I really wanted to say, before I
let myself be carried away:

   All those steps which I described would be a loud call to arms not
only to all workers, racially and nationally oppressed peoples in the
countries fighting against Nazi Germany, fascist Italy and Japan, but
even more so a call to the workers in uniform fighting in the armies
of those countries, and to the workers still tilling in the factories
and fields of those countries.

   I would signal loud, clear and unmistakenly: they really do fight
for democracy, and this is something possible, and that the racial
hatred and imperialist obsessions of their rulers were something
exceptional instead of the rule which all other warring countries also
follow the same way.

   The German Nazis used footing of striking workers being attacked by
US police in their newsreels as a proof that the USA is actually an
enemy of working people.

   If the Allied could have proved in practice that such oppression no
longer exists, they could have completely demolished the effects of
such poisonous propaganda.

   Was are the continuation of politics by other means, is a famous
quote by German military theoritian von Clausewitz. But war is also
primarily fought by political means.

Yours,

"Ohne Pressefreiheit, Vereins- und Versammlungsrecht ist keine
Arbeiterbewegung möglich"        - Friedrich Engels      (Februar 1865)