[Marxism] Chavez supports Whites over Reds

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Oct 3 13:16:20 MDT 2005

alan ginsberg

President Chavez has announced his support for the Chicago White Sox in
baseball's World (i.e., U.S. and Canada) Series.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2179525

^^^^
CB: Venezuelan Luis Aparicio was shortstop on White Sox in 1959 when they
were in the "World" Series

Luis Aparicio
Luis Ernesto Aparicio Montiel (Little Louie)

Bats Right, Throws Right
Height 5' 9", Weight 160 lb.

 Debut April 17, 1956
Final Game September 28, 1973
Born April 29, 1934 in Maracaibo, Venezuela

Inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1984.

Signed by the Chicago White Sox as an amateur free agent in 1954. (All
Transactions)

Joe Falls excerpt from acceptance to Hall of Fame:
   The shortstop that I've admired the most -- I couldn't believe how good
he was, he could hit, he could field, and he could run -- Little Louie.
Louie, stand up. Louie Aparicio, my favorite shortstop. Now we're in Chicago
one day and the Tigers are playing a doubleheader first game. This is a true
story, Don Mossi is pitching for the Tigers, OK? Louie gets on base to start
the first inning of the first game. Mossi's pitching -- left-hander --
throws to first base, 14 straight times. I have never, ever seen a ballgame
start with the pitcher throwing to first base 14 straight times.
   On 15, guess what Little Louie does? Zip, stolen base. You were very
cruel to us, Louie, thank you.

Tim Russert dinner speech:
" So I called Whitey Ford - true - and I said, "Whitey, did he really say
all these things?" And he said, "Worse than you think. We were playing the
Chicago White Sox and I was pitching board seven. The first pitch, Nellie
Fox singled to right field. Second pitch, Louie Aparicio singled to left
field. Third pitch .hit Minnie Menoso. Fourth pitch, Ted Kluszewski, big
power hitter, grand slam home run. Four pitches, 4-0 White Sox. Casey
Stengel, Yankee manager, came out to the dugout. Yogi came behind the mound
and took off his mask. Casey turned to Yogi and said, "Yogi, does Whitey
have his stuff tonight?" Yogi said, "How the hell do I know, I haven't
caught a ball yet