[Marxism] Biblical "truth"

JC Helary jch.helary at free.fr
Wed Oct 5 01:29:05 MDT 2005

> A setback for the American religious right.  The Pope says "not all
> the Bible is historical truth".

I'd rather see this paper as an advance in social matters all over
the "christian" world (even though religion is the opium... etc) than
only as a "set back" for the American religious right.

Things like:

> UNTRUE
>
> Genesis ii, 21-22
>
> So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while
> he slept he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with
> flesh; and the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man he
> made into a woman and brought her to the man
>
> Genesis iii, 16
>
> God said to the woman [after she was beguiled by the serpent]: “I
> will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall
> bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband,
> and he shall rule over you.”

May be obvious for a lot of "us", they are still very deeply embedded
in the occidental psyche. It's been more than 3000 years that a huge
lot of common people have lived by those rules... It is about time
the people who seeded that confirm it was total crap...

JC Helary