[Marxism] Cindy Sheehan moving to the center?

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:01:45 MDT 2005

Just yesterday Cindy Sheehan repeated a message she had been repeating since
she started: ""The war issue is not complicated: wrong to invade and wrong
to stay. Bring our troops home. Simple."
(Details here:
<http://lefti.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_lefti_archive.html#112845763034470878>)

Today, however, she was interviewed on KTVU (Oakland, CA), and had rather
different things to say which are documented here:
<http://lefti.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_lefti_archive.html#112853651898232287>

Things like "Today is the right time to start talking about bringing our
troops home." and "I believe that Hillary will be ready to lead our country
out of this mess." Things which I presume reflect the increasing influence
of the ABB crowd (e.g., Global Exchange) on Sheehan. I'd like to think this
was just a one-day aberration in her previously consistent message, but it
sure doesn't sound like it.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com