[Marxism] The immigration thread

kersplebedeb info at kersplebedeb.com
Thu Oct 6 11:59:40 MDT 2005

Louis,
i admire your wit, but i also think that you have hit the nail on the head.
we are dicussing two different things, with different priorities - when
i think about fascism and anti-fascism, i think about actual groups and
people who are active today; while thay call themselves fascists, they
would probably have been at home in Nazi Germany as much as most
list-members would be at home in Stalin's USSR.

In other words, time has past, and there's some new developments to be
taken into account.

Why one might prefer to read Sakai over Trotsky, Guerin or Neumann is
for the simple reason that those three were (as are we all) biologically
and physically constrained to only deal with events that had occured
pior to their own deaths - we'd have to guess at what Daniel Guerin
would have written about the Taliban or the Church of the Creator, we
can't actually know for sure.
For that reason some of us prefer current writers, for the light they
can shed on current developments.