[Marxism] WWP does it again

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 6 14:17:10 MDT 2005

Macdonald Stainsby:
>>Let me put it this way. The UfPJ is bureaucratic, but the UfPJ combines
>>the same kind of bureaucracy plus sectarianism.
>
>Bureaucratic? They are Zionist-sympathising Democrats. WWP/IAC/etc are
>irrelevant to this.

This is a gross exaggeration. The UfPJ includes people like Rahul Mahajan
who could never be described as a Zionist-sympathizing Democrat. More to
the point, there were thousands of UfPJ signs visible throughout the march
on 9/24 stating: OCCUPATION: WRONG IN IRAQ, WRONG IN PALESTINE. Their
website states:

The lesson of Abu Ghraib isn't that a few bad apples went awry, as Rumsfeld
and Bush want us to believe. It's that occupying other people's countries
inevitably requires brutal and dehumanizing means to try to make the
occupied accept foreign control of their land and resources.

It is a fact that more than 3 million Palestinians living under Israeli
military occupation have known for 37 years.

June 2004 marked the 37th anniversary of Israel's illegal military
occupation of Palestine's West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem. This
occupation denies the Palestinian people the right to self-determination,
fuels bloodshed, and prevents the establishment of a just peace between
Israelis and Palestinians whereby both peoples can live in freedom,
dignity, and security.

If occupation is wrong in Iraq, why would it be right in Palestine?

WHY U.S. SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL'S OCCUPATION MUST END

While it is Israel that directly occupies these Palestinian lands, it is
our government that provides Israel the military, economic, and diplomatic
support Israel depends on to sustain its military occupation. Israel is the
largest recipient of U.S. financial aid in the world, receiving $7.7
million per day in direct U.S. aid. Washington views this support as
central to U.S. efforts to dominate the Middle East for U.S. economic and
military advantage.

Worse, Bush has given unqualified support to the illegal occupation
policies of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. He has backed Sharon's
brutal military measures, extra-judicial assassinations, and apartheid-like
wall snaking through the West Bank. In April Bush abandoned decades of
formal U.S. policy and backed Sharon's unilateral plans to keep Israel's
colonial settlements built on occupied territory and reject Palestinian
refugees' right to return to the properties from which they were driven out
by Israeli militias during the 1948 war.

--

www.marxmail.org