[Marxism] why did Marx reject moral?

Paul H. Dillon illonph at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 7 10:10:02 MDT 2005

James wrote:

> As far as I can see, an Aristotelian approach to psychology would be
> infinitely more adequate than mechanistic approaches such as
> behaviourism.  For that matter, I think medieval psychology was pretty
> insightful -- but that's another project.

I totally agree with you about medieval psychology.   Dante's "Inferno" and
"Purgatorio" provide two incredible texts that fully illustrate the
complexity of medieval Aristotelian (through Aquinas) psychology:  The very
topography of  the Inferno a map of emotions, needs, chance, desire, and
will..

Paul Dillon