[Marxism] Earl Browder

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 13:40:20 MDT 2005

Charles Brown accuses me of "a degenerate and sneaky form of
argumentation, _ad hominem_ and innuendo."

I've never been "sneaky" and being called "degenerate" by Mr. Brown
means nothing to me.

Sorry to be "degenerate," but some of us actually care about getting
these things right.... Let me be specific....

Mr. Brown is utterly incapable of comparing the 1860s with the 1930s,
because he doesn't know what he is talking about...not just in terms of
the history but of in the terms he uses...and that he doesn't care
enough even to be consistent about it.  He has asserted (without
offering the least glimmer of evidence or proof) that "we" (not defined)
were in a "front" with the early Republican Party.

It was said to be a "united front" one time and a "popular front"
another time.

This is drooling nonsense, and drinking is the kindest possible
interpretation I can put on such reckless careening through a past won
at no small coast to our class and our movement.

In the end, Mr. Brown's own words inspire no confidence whatsoever that
he knows the difference between a "front" and the other end of the bull.
Which probably explains much about his approach to history.

Sorry, some of us just give a fuck.

Solidarity!
Mark L.

YOU MUST clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu