[Marxism] Re: Pomeranz!

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Sun Oct 9 10:43:39 MDT 2005

Rubinelli wrote:
Here's a little gasoline for the fire (expensive, but I don't, believe
it or not, own an SUV.  Hell, I don't even own a car)

Fred replies:
I have even less right to put gasoline on the fire.  I can't even drive.
Don't go blaming the end of the world through global warming on me, I'm
innocent, I tell you!

I stopped trying to learn after several small accidents which
highlighted my difficulty in paying attention to more than one thing at
the time, and my physical tendency to panic.

I think not learning to drive is one of the reasons I have lived to the
grand old age of 63, and probably the reason a number of "innocent
civilians" are alive too. Car pooling and getting buses to jobs (I tried
to learn in deference to the requirements of the turn to industry, which
I supported and the time and where I still prefer to work) are a fate I
can live with.

All of which clearly proves my correctness in this discussion. No? After
all, I wouldn't hurt a fly! And I'm a worker! Shouldn't that settle the
matter?
Fred

Fred