[Marxism] Re Pomeranz

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 9 12:18:31 MDT 2005

Interesting and interestinger.. the  list has gone through this several
times, and each time at a very high level of discussion-- with important
elucidations made by both, or all three or four, sides.  Generally we
wind up repeating ourselves after the 4th or 5th round of submissions
and we call a halt. Still, it's a great topic and generates really great
light along with the heat.

As for the surplus transfer theory--RM is right: nobody, IMO, is better
at it (and still, IMO again, dead wrong) than Dr. Eric F. Williams in
his  <Capitalism and Slavery> (one of the greatest, and IMO again again,
mistaken works on this issue ever ever ever) and again in his <From
Columbus to Castro>.

rr