[Marxism] Re: Pomeranz

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Oct 9 15:30:00 MDT 2005

.    On  09.10.05
  wrote  lnp3 at panix.com (Louis Proyect)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  6.2.1.2.0.20051009162420.01e46a80 at pop.panix.com
  about  Re: [Marxism] Pomeranz

>> CB: Absence of the the spirit of Alexander and Caesar.

LP> Charles, I doubt that either of these guys could hold a candle to
LP> Genghis Khan.

   But Genghis Khan is not Chinese, but Mongol.

   Genghis Khan is the representative of these cattle-raising, horse
riding peoples of the steppes, who again and again raided the
agricultural centres of China, and also West Asia and Europe. The
poeples against whose menace the Chinese have built the Great Wall.

   It is this conflict which has determined -- to a large extent --
Chinese history. Of course, once the steppe peoples had conquered
China, they had to begin producing, and producing by the means
available there, and got assimilated.

Yours,

"Es sind nicht die Generäle und Könige, die die Geschichte machen,
sondern die breiten Massen des Volkes"                - Nelson Mandela