[Marxism] The US Civil War

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:10:26 MDT 2005

It is accurate; the KKK were set up by Scottish cavalry officers in the
South after the civil war.

As for the oppressed becoming the oppressors; I doubt it.

JSCOTLIVE WROTE:

I don't think it's accurate to say the Scottish set it up. It was
disaffected Southerners, ex-Confederate officers, etc., who set it up. But
they  were
inspired by the Scottish clan system. Another example of the Scottish
influence. Whilst in the States I was surprised, and as a Scot ashamed, it
has  to be
said, at the amount of African-Americans I came across with Scottish last
names.

The oppressed often become the oppressors.