[Marxism] China stuff

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Wed Oct 12 12:25:56 MDT 2005

I want to briefly recommend two recent works which give an excellent precis of what's happening in China especially on the economic front.   I am speaking of Ted Fishman's China, Inc. and Oded Shenkar's The Chinese Century.   Mr Fishman's is published by Scribner and Mr Shenkar by Wharton School/Pearson Education.   Each retails at $26.00 but I'm sure Columbia or an affiliated library has copies.

You might also want to look at Randall Peerenboom's China's Long March Toward Rule of Law (Cambridge), which is a few years old but which provides a useful antidote to a lot of mis-thinking in the West about the nature of Chinese law.

Louis Godena