[Marxism] White Supremacy, etc.

Alex Briscoe obeynow20001 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 00:42:12 MDT 2005

Dude,

She definitely had African background- you can see her photos in Haymarket collections.  I believe she denied this background because of racism against AfrAmers.  I went to one May Day observance where an AfrAmer Parks official from the Harold Wash admin read a poem that she had written about racism and Lucy's identity as an AfrAmer and radical.

This was at a dedication that buddies of mine from FRSO hard organized here a couple of years ago celebrating a city decision to convert a parking lot on Belmont Ave here in Chicago to the Lucy Parsons Park.  I drive past the lot on a weekly basis and unfortunately, there is no park yet.

Alex Briscoe

Albert Parsons, the noted anarchist and Haymarket
martyr came from Texas.  In his youth , he volunteered
for and served in the Confederate army.

His widow, Lucy Parsons,  lived to a very ripe old
age.  In her latter years, she was a prominent
Communist Party activist.  She self described herself
as Mexican.  But genealogists who studied birth
records found a couple of entries that were marked
“Colored”..
              Jim Zarichny

***************************
***************************