[Marxism] More Nobel follies:] A call for a protest action against the Nobel Prize for Prof. Aumann

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Oct 13 08:35:50 MDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:14:52 -0400 Les Schaffer <schaffer at optonline.net>
writes:
> yesterday, i read somewhere that Auman's and Schelling's work was
> used
> to justify Iran's development of nuclear weapons, on the grounds
> that it
> would act as a deterrent to an attack by the US.

I recall reading something which made the attribution
directly to Schelling.  Certainly, a comparison of the
US responses\ to Iraq, which was alleged to have
WMDs but clearly did not,  and the US response
to North Korea would suggest that any smaller
country which wants to retain a modicum of
sovereignty, would be better off developing
a sufficient number of nuclear weapons to
deter attack by the US.