[Marxism] Re Peak Oil

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 14 20:04:51 MDT 2005

Andy wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2005, at 7:26 PM, robert montgomery wrote:
>
> > ... Aside from the debateable matter of exactly how much
> > extractable oil exists in Alberta, the environmental devastation of
> > this development which Louis points up and Krauss describes, is
> > staggering...
>
> Although others have said as much,
> Thank you for naming this salient, inescapable point.

It is much easier to discuss the necessity of overthrowing capitalism
that it is to discuss the means (strategic and tactical, shortrun and
long run) by which that might be achieved.

There is no doubt about the environmental damage (including,
preeminently, global warming) we are facing, but I remain sceptical of
the agitational and organizational usefulness of that fact.

Carrol