[Marxism] Re Peak Oil

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Sat Oct 15 17:52:31 MDT 2005

Interesting points being made about nuclear power.

I would point out however, that even if nukes prove safe and viable,
this does very little to solve the transportation problem, which is 95%
dependent on petroleum.

Given the problems that GM is currently having, how about this for a
poltical slogan.

Nationalize General Motors and begin a crash program building electric
vehicles, most importantly light rail, trolleys etc.

This would be only fair, since GM conspired with Firestone and Standard
Oil to destroy our electric light rail trolley system fifty years ago.

Jon Flanders

checking on the Cuba oil history......get back later on that.