[Marxism] Re: Cindy Sheehan on Hilary Clinton

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Sun Oct 16 15:10:14 MDT 2005

I thought Mrs. Clinton listened, but apparently she didn't because
immediately afterwards she said the following to Sarah Ferguson of the
Village Voice:

"My bottom line is that I don't want their sons to die in vain... I
don't believe it's smart to set a date for withdrawal... I don't think
it's the right time to withdraw."

That quote sounds exactly like what the few Republicans I talked to that
week said. Making sure that our children did not die in "vain" sounds
exactly like something George Bush says. A "date" for withdrawal? That
sounds like Rush Limbaugh to me. That doesn't sound like an opposition
party leader speaking to me. What Sen. Clinton said after our meeting
sounds exactly like the Republican Party talking points I heard from
Senators Dole and McCain.
—Cindy Sheehan
_______________________

LAST SUNDAY’S DOONESBURY

[shadow images of man listening to voices coming from a TV that
represent Bush and an interviewer]

People gotta understand that we can’t let all those troop deaths be in
vain. In other words, we can’t allow vainness.

Mr. President, you’ve been arguing that we must remain in Iraq to
ensure that those who’ve given their lives didn’t die in vain.

What if our troops are still dying at the current rate a year from now?
Will we withdraw then!

No, because if we do, all of next year’s deaths will have been in vain.

What about two years from now? Or five years?

Again, we’ll stay the course. We cannot dishonor the upcoming sacrifice
of those who have yet to die. Remember, some of them haven’t even
enlisted yet. If we cut and run, what kind of message would we be
sending them and their families?

That they might live?

Dishonoring their own future deaths? I don’t think so.
_______

It will be interesting to see whether I get posts from the CofC's
Portside and another list that I receive from Berkeley quoting
Sheehan's statement.

Brian Shannon